Trouble Shooting in Somet Rapier Loom
1. What is the reason for the torn edges of Somet rapier looms?
- The right side rapier clamp holder is worn.
- The contact time between the right side rapier clamp holder and the selvedge yarn is too early.
- The waste edge heald leveling time is too late.
- The tension cover of the weft feeder is too tight.
2. What is the reason for the burst selvedge of Somet rapier looms?
- Improper installation of selvage healds.
- The rear tension spring is too tight.
3. What is the reason for the weft snarl on Somet rapier loom? How to solve it?Main reason:
- The warp yarn's surface is not smooth, too many yarn defects, and the weft yarn twist is too high.
- The dynamic tension of the weft yarn is rather large. After the weft yarn is released at the right selvedge, the entire weft yarn quickly rebounds and retreats due to sudden loss of traction.
- The loom tension is too small, the shedding is not clear, and the weft insertion is hampered.
- The active scissors and the rapier head entering time are not well-coordinated, and the distance between the upper blade and the lower blade is improper.
- Wrong timing of selvage device.
- The shedding is too late; the weft releaser is worn.
- Improve the quality of the raw yarn and preparation process.
- Adjust the tension of the weft.
- Adjust the loom tension.
- Readjust timing of the selvage device.
- Adjust the shedding time.
- Replace or repair the weft releaser.
4. What is the reason for the double pick on Somet rapier looms?
- During regular weaving, the heald leveling time of the waste selvage heald frame is too late, and insufficient weft tail on the right exit, causing a shortage of weft yarn and forming a double pick defect.
- The contact between the weft clamp of the receiving gripper and the right side releaser is too small, or the releaser is worn out, the weft yarn is too long, and causing weft shortage, leading to double weft.
- The weft yarn's tension from the creel to the weft feeder is too small, and weft is brought in during weft insertion. Especially for the weft with both S and Z twist, the weft yarn is easy to be tangled, drawn into the shed by the rapier head, and cause full-width double weft.
- The selvedge cutter is not sharp, and the weft yarn is not cut off, causing a full-width or half-width double weft.
- The pattern card on the rapier loom wears and turns a bit translucent, and the electromagnet that should not be excited will be excited. The corresponding weft feeding fingers will act simultaneously, causing regular double wefts on the surface of the fabric.
- The blue photocell on the loom does not work well.
- The dobby pattern needles are worn out, and the corresponding heald frame lifting and lowering are out of order during weaving and cause double weft.
5. What is the cause of broken pick, and mispick on Somet rapier looms? How to solve it?Main reasons: fault pattern card; misalignment of the reading needle and the pattern card; the deformation of the reading needle and the vertical needle; the lower part of the vertical needle is damaged; the large lever bearing is damaged, or hook is bent.
- Replace the pattern card.
- Adjust the centering of the reading needle and the pattern card hole.
- Correct the vertical needle and reading needle.
- Replace the large lever bearing or hook.
6. How to solve the problem that the automatic heald return device of Somet rapier loom cannot function after weft breakage?Main reasons:
- The clutch did not work properly during the heald returning.
- The fixing screw of the microswitch is loose.
- The contact finger is in poor contact.
- The power cable is disconnected.
- The DA40 circuit board is malfunctioning.
- Touch the limit switch to make the clutch work till the correct heald return position.
- Tighten the screws of the microswitch so that the microswitch is in full contact with the contact finger.
- Adjust the DA40 circuit board switch to the D position to make the loom reverse two rotations.
7. How to solve Somet rapier looms weft selection fingers malfunction?Main reasons: transmission gear screw for weft selection finger is loose; the perforated paper is damaged, the color selection board is damaged, and there is no signal; the DA40 circuit board is faulty.
- Tighten the screws to make the weft selection finger work at 5° and lower weft selection finger 1mm.
- Replace perforated paper and color selection integrated board.
- Replace the triode of the DA40 circuit board.
8. When Somet rapier looms unable to start or abnormal stop, how to solve?Main reasons:
- The heald return is not in place and jammed.
- The DA40 circuit board is faulty.
- The blue photocell and the detector malfunction.
- Rotate the loom to make the heald return position normal.
- Replace the DA40 circuit board.
- Adjust the microswitch and strictly calibrate the photocell.
9.How does Somet rapier loom choose a suitable starting program according to different fabric structures and specifications?Somet rapier looms have a variety of start-up programs. Somet SM93 rapier loom automatic pick finding and weft bar prevention device has a total of 6 programs, which are compiled and stored in the computer of the DA40 printed circuit board. Just choose one of the six programs according to the characteristics of the fabric. For most fabrics, weavers only need to select the "NO1" and "NO2" programs. "NO3" and "NO4" are only used in a few cases, while "NO5" and "NO6" are only used for plain weave fabrics. After the new species is ready to be woven on the machine, weavers can test the programs one by one. Check till there are no broken wefts mispicks and weft bars on the cloth surface, then can finalize the program. Please refer to the instruction manual for specific operations.
10. How to solve the problem of weft feeder malfunction on Somet rapier loom?Main reason:
- The weft feeder does not rotate and cannot store the weft.
- The weft feeder keeps rotating.
- The weft tension in the weft feeder has irregular fluctuations.
- Check whether the yarn is entangled, whether the reflector's surface is clean, adjust the sensitivity of photocell.
- Reduce the sensitivity of the photocell, replace the fuse and other components.
- Check whether the yarn is twisted or kinked and whether the tension adjustment is appropriate.
11. How to solve the abnormal noise of the main clutch of Somet rapier loom?Main reason: the main clutch is worn, or the gap is improper, the bearing or the bearing guard is worn.
- Lathe or replace the friction plate, adjust the gap.
- Replace the bearing or repair the bearing guard.
12. How to solve the inaccurate stop position of Somet rapier looms?Main reasons: the brake clutch gap is too large, the brake center disc is not connected properly, the brake is malfunctioning, and the related fuses are damaged.
- Readjust the brake clutch clearance.
- Check and replace related wires and plugs.
- Replace the brake.
- Replace the damaged fuse.
13. How to solve reverse malfunction on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons:
- Poor contact of the button.
- Damage of the spline shaft of the clutch.
- Defects of the relevant components of the reverse circuit board.
- Remove debris and replace buttons.
- Replace or repair spline shafts and bearings.
- Replace electronic components related to the circuit board.
14. How to solve the problem of slow-motion malfunction on Somet rapier looms?Main reasons:
- The transmission bearing is damaged.
- The crankshaft is damaged.
- The slow-motion clutch is damaged.
- The coil fuse is blown.
- The slow contactor is in poor contact.
- Replace the bearing and repair the crankshaft.
- Repair the slow-motion clutch.
- Replace the fuse.
- Replace the slow contactor.
15. How to solve the abnormal noise and collision of the rapier heads on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons: the rapier head traverse stroke is incorrect; the rapier tapes wear out; the guide pieces wear out; the gripper transmission is abnormal.
- Adjust the traverse stroke of the gripper head.
- Replace the rapier tape.
- Replace the guide pieces.
- Check the gripper transmission mechanism and troubleshoot.
16. How to solve weft selector malfunction on Somet rapier looms?Main reason:
- The position of the reading needle and the pattern card hole don't match.
- The selection needle is not flexible.
- The weft selection pattern card is damaged.
- The weft selection timing is wrong.
- The weft selection spring is broken.
- Adjust the relative position of the selection needle and the pattern card hole.
- Remove impurities in the selection needle or replace the selection needle.
- Replace the pattern card.
- Readjust the weft selection timing.
- Replace the weft selection spring.
17. How to solve the frequent weft breakage on Some rapier looms?Main reasons:
- The weft cutting time is incorrect.
- There is debris in the weft clamp.
- The gripping force of the clamp is too big or too small.
- The weft tension is too big or too small.
- The weft passage is not smooth.
- The housing of the grippers are worn out.
- Readjust the weft cutting time.
- Clean the gripper.
- Adjust the clamping force of the gripper.
- Adjust the weft tension.
- Replace the porcelain eye of the yarn guide and remove the debris.
- Replace the core sleeves of the weft sword again.
18. How to solve uneven weave on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons: the tension of the let-off belt is incorrect; trackslip on the surface of the let-off step-less belt pulley; the bearing of the let-off step-less speed converter is damaged; the keyway of the let-off step-less speed converter is damaged.
- Adjust the let-off tension.
- Remove stains on the belt surface.
- Replace damaged bearings.
- Replace the damaged keyway or speed converter.
19. How to solve poor selvedge on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons: the selvedge block and the block hole are worn; the upper and lower threading needles are not centered; the selvedge yarn tension is wrong; the threading of selvedge warps is incorrect.
- Replace the block.
- Thread needle match to the center
- Adjust the selvedge yarn tension.
- Correct the threading of selvedge yarns.
20. How to solve the temple mark on Somet rapier loom?Main reason: the temple ring is not flexible in rotation; the temple thorns are bent and hook the yarn
- Remove yarn waste or debris.
- Repair the curved thorns.
21. How to solve the abnormal noise and vibration of the clutch of Somet rapier loom?Main reasons: the clutch bearing is damaged; the V-belt is too tight; the clutch armature is broken.
- Replace the clutch bearing.
- Adjust the tension of the V-belt.
- Replace the clutch armature.
22. How to solve the abnormal sound of the heald frame on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons:
- The heald frame gap is incorrect.
- The guide plate of the heald frame is worn or broken.
- The screws on the end face of the heald frame are damaged.
- The gap between the heald frame connectors is large.
- Adjust the gap between heald frames.
- Replace the guide plate of the heald frame.
- Replace the screws on the end face of the heald frame.
- Replace the heald frame connectors.
23. How to solve the abnormal operation of the cloth roll on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons: improper adjustment of the take-up clutch or loose screws; take-up chain breakage; take-up chain wheel worn or teeth breakage; bearing damage.
- Readjust the take-up clutch.
- Connect or replace the chain.
- Replace the take-up chain wheel.
- Replace the bearing.
24. How to solve the abnormal noise at the rapier sprocket wheel on Somet rapier loom?Main reasons:
- Wear of the transmission gear of the rapier transmission.
- Excessive wear of the sprocket wheel teeth.
- Excessive wear of the rapier tape tooth hole.
- Wear or damage of the bearings of the transmission part.
- Adjust the clearance of the rapier transmission gear.
- Replace the rapier sprocket wheel.
- Replace the rapier tape.
- Replace worn or damaged bearings.
25. How to solve warp breakage and loom stop on Somet rapier weaving machine?Main reasons: drop wires are deformation and damage; the warp stop bars cause short circuits due to many debris; the insulation layer of the warp stop bars is damaged or short-circuited; the warp yarns are disordered, and the warp ends cannot pass drop wires; SM210 circuit board failure.
- Replace the drop wire.
- Remove impurities on the drop wire.
- Replace the warp stop bar.
- Straighten out the warp yarns.
- Repair or replace the SM210 circuit board.
26. How to solve the problem that the dobby oil cap of some rapier looms does not emit oil?Main reasons: insufficient dobby oil; filter stuck by flying and fluff; filter oil cap is not fixed tight.
- Fuel the dobby.
- Remove flying fluff in the filter.
- Tighten the oil cap.
27. What are the maintenance to be carried on Somet rapier loom?(1) Maintenance of the main clutch and brake.
(2) Maintenance of the safety brake of the jacquard machine.
(3) Belt tension and replacement.
(4) Internal adjustment of mechanical weft selector.
(5) Replacement of rapier tape guide rail.
(6) Replacement of encoder.
(7) Straightening of GFG guide rail and green flannel guide hook.
(8) Installation of the rapier tape guide block and MFG calibration.
(9) Calibration of the rapier tape guide hook.
(10) Repair of screw holes on the rapier gripper head.
(11) Cleaning of the loom.
Generally, the following parts are places are to be cleaned by compressed air:
- Dust accumulation between the reed and the cloth support plate
- The frame of the loom
- The heald rod
- The weft feeder
- The electric motor
- The oil suction filter
- The heald frame and heddle wire
- The warp stop motion
- The backrest beam
- The surface of the radiator and electrical panel box